CONFERENCE THEME AND TOPICS
The conference theme is “Sustainable finance and ESG issues in financial markets, banking and accounting”
However, the conference aims to provide a forum for debate across various aspects of finance, banking and accounting. Therefore, topics of interest, although not limited to the ones below are:
- Accounting: Environmental accounting, Financial and non-financial disclosures (e.g. ESG, cybersecurity), ESG and the measurement of impairment losses, Forensic accounting, Green finance policy and audit quality, CSR auditing, etc.
- Bank management: risk management, corporate governance, M&As, bankruptcy, efficiency and performance, syndicated loans and ESG pricing, etc.
- Corporate finance: capital structure, dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, share repurchases, etc.
- Corporate governance: board of directors, remuneration, shareholder voting, corporate governance regulations, etc.
- Financial markets: stock markets, bond markets, mutual funds, globalization and integration, asset pricing, market volatility, behavioural finance, exchange rate markets, commodities markets, etc.
- Financial regulation and monetary policy: Basel framework, micro- and macro-prudential regulations, monetary policy, etc.
- Financial stability: competition, risk assessment, systemic risk, financial crises and resolution, etc.
- FinTech: crowdfunding, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, LendTech, machine learning and big data, PayTech, robo-advisors, etc.
- Institutional environment: formal and informal institutions, like legal system and social capital, etc.
- Sustainable finance: climate risk, ESG strategies, green bonds, social and green banking, microfinance, cooperative and mutual finance, central banks’ green finance policies, policy making initiatives (e.g., European Commission’s Action Plan: Financing Sustainable Growth), etc.
- Real estate markets: house pricing & housing bubbles, real estate markets and the macroeconomy, green finance for green buildings, etc.
- Risk management: credit risk, reputational risk, etc.
- Taxation: taxation implications of ESG strategies, tax avoidance, etc.